Zcash Halving Countdown Clock 2023
Zcash block reward will decrease from 3.125 to 1.5625 ZEC coins in approximately
When is the next halving of Zcash?
The current Zcash block reward (after the first halving in November 2020) is 3.125 ZEC per block. The next Zcash halving is approximately May 12, 2023 and Zcash coin block reward will decrease to 1.5625 ZEC per block.
|#||Name||Price||Market Cap||Change||Price Graph (24h)|
All Zcash Block Reward Halving Dates History
|# Zcash Halving||Zcash Halving Date||Zcash Halving Block Number||Zcash Halving Block Reward||Mined ZEC to Halving Date||% of all Zcash Ever Mined||Zcash Halving Price||Zcash Annual Inflation|
|0 (Zcash launch)||October 28, 2016||0 (Genesis Block)||–||–||–||–|
|“Slow-Start Mining” – the block reward ramps up linearly||October 28, 2016||1 – 20,000||from 0.000625 ZEC to 12.5 ZEC||125,006.25||1%|
|Next 633598 blocks||December 1, 2016||20001 – 653599||12.5 Zcash||8,045,006||38%||$69.86||32.67%|
|Blossom network upgrade – Shortens block times from 150 sec. to 75 sec and block reward from 12.5 to 6.25 ZEC||December 11, 2019||653600 – 1046399||6.25 Zcash||10,500,000||50%||$32.49||25.03%|
|1st halving at block #1046400||November 17, 2020||1046400 – 2092800||3.125 Zcash||13,770,003||66%||$70.33||9.54%|
Next Zcash Halving
|49 days remain until the next Zcash halving on May 12, 2023||2,092,800||1.5625 Zcash||20,343,750||96.88%||?||3.23%|
|3th halving||approximately 2027||3,139,200||0.78125 Zcash||20,671,875||98.44%||?||1.59%|
|4th halving||approximately 2031||4,185,600||0.390625 Zcash||20,835,938||99.22%||?||0.79%|
|5th halving||approximately 2035||5,232,000||0.1953125 Zcash||20,917,969||99.61%||?||0.39%|
|6th halving||approximately 2039||6,278,400||0.0976563 Zcash||20,958,984||99.80%||?||0.196%|
|7th halving||approximately 2043||7,324,800||0.0488281 Zcash||20,979,492||99.90%||?||0.098%|
|8th halving||approximately 2047||8,371,200||0.0244141 Zcash||20,989,746||99.95%||?||0.049%|
|9th halving||approximately 2051||9,417,600||0.0122070 Zcash||20,994,873||99.98%||?||0.024%|
|The last Zcash will be issued||in approximately 2146||13,440,000||0.00000000 ZEC||21 million Zcash will be issued ||100%||?||0.00%|
Zcash halving explained
- “Slow-Start Mining” – from 1st block to 20,000 blocks the ZEC reward ramps up linearly from 0.000625 ZEC to 12.5 ZEC. Zcash comes with a 150 second block time on release date.
- Then from block number 20001 to block number 653599 Zcash block reward is 12.5 ZEC.
- On December 11, 2019 Blossom network upgrade is on ZEC blockchain at block height 653600. Block time interval was changed from 150 seconds to 75 seconds (time between blocks) also block reward has been reduced from 12.5 ZEC to 6.25 ZEC to keep the daily supply the same. The total number of coins remains unchanged.
- The 1st Zcash halving was on November 17, 2020 at block height 1046400 and block reward decreased from 6.25 to 3.125 ZEC
- The 2nd Zcash halving is scheduled for May 12, 2023 (approximately). For this upcoming Zcash block reward halving, the total number of ZEC per block will be reduced from 3.125 ZEC to 1.5625 ZEC. Annual Zcash inflation is reduced significantly.
Each 4 year period, the ZEC creation amount will halve!
Zcash Distribution before first Zcash halving
- 80% Miners (10 ZEC) or all miners rewards for this period is 8,400,000 ZEC
- 20% Founders Reward (2.5 ZEC) or all Founders Reward for this period is 2,100,000 ZEC
Zcash Distribution after first Zcash halving
- 80% Miners (2.5 ZEC)
- 8% Major Grants Fund (0.25 ZEC)
- 7% Electric Coin Co (0.21875 ZEC)
- 5% Zcash Foundation (0.15625 ZEC)
How many Zcash coins will ever be created?
21,000,000 Zcash, will be issued. The inventor stipulated 21 million ZEC limit to control the supply and therefore future price fluctuations.
When will be the last Zcash coin mined?
Based on the Zcash code, all ZEC coins will be mined and in circulation by 2146, which leaves significant time ahead for global adoption and gradual growth of the network.
Zcash coin Source Code
Zcash’s code is open source, which means it is public and readable on https://github.com/zcash/zcash
Previous Zcash halving dates history
- The First Zcash halving occurred on July 16, 2019 at block height 1046400
When is the next halving of Zcash?
The next Monacoin Halving is approximately May 12, 2023. The date is not 100% clear, so keep an eye on our Zcash Halving Countdown Clock 2023.
Previous ZEC halving price history
- Zcash price on the first halving (November 11, 2020) was $70.33
Follow our Zcash halving Countdown Clock 2023. On the day of the halving, you will find out if there is a big movement in ZEC price before halving and what will be the price of ZEC after halving. Just keep an eye on May 12, 2023.
Add Zcash coin Halving 2023 Еvent on Google Calendar
Crypto Halving Dates
There are more than 20к cryptocurrencies, but only 21 of them have a halving. True deflationary crypto coins designed to reduce supply over time. See 21 cryptocurrencies halving dates on our
I am a crypto journalist and blockchain expert. I like technology and started reading about bitcoin in 2013. Crypto is my passion and I like to write about cryptocurrencies.
When I wrote the article “Zcash Halving Countdown (Zcash Halving Dates and Prices History)” I analyzed statistics from various reliable sources. Always verified information from the Genesis code.