Previous Bitcoin Halving Dates
Briefly the previous bitcoin halving dates are:
- 2012 – on November 28, 2012
- 2016 – on July 09, 2016
- 2020 – on May 11, 2020
- 2024 – will be the next BTC halving date. Lear more on Bitcoin Halving
First Bitcoin halving 2012
1. The first Bitcoin halving was on November 28, 2012 at block height 210,000. The price for 1 bitcoin on the first halving was $12.35. For last 4 years First Bitcoin price was $0.05 and Bitcoin return of investment on first Bitcoin halving is 24600.00%. On the halving date Bitcoin inflation decrease 50% and BTC had 12.86% inflation rate!
- Bitcoin supply: 10,216,800 BTC
- % of Mined coins: 48.65%
- Bitcoin block reward: from 50 BTC to 25 BTC
- Bitcoin Daily emission: 3600 BTC
- % Annual Bitcoin Inflation Rate: 12.86%
- Bitcoin price: $12.35
- Bitcoin ROI: 24600.00%
Second Bitcoin halving 2016
2. The second Bitcoin halving was on July 09, 2016 at block height 420,000. The price for 1 bitcoin on the second halving was $650.53. For last 4 years Bitcoin return of investment on second Bitcoin halving is 5167.45%. Bitcoin inflation decrease more than 50% from 12.86% to 4.39% inflation rate! As you may have noticed, the return on investment in Bitcoin has decreased compared to the previous Bitcoin halving date.
- Bitcoin supply: 14,965,200 BTC
- % of Mined coins: 71.26%
- Bitcoin block reward: 12.50 BTC
- Bitcoin Daily emission: 1800 BTC
- % Annual Bitcoin Inflation Rate: 4.39%
- Bitcoin price: $650.53
- Bitcoin ROI: 5167.45%
Third Bitcoin halving 2020
3. The third BTC halving was on May 11, 2020 at block height 630,000. The price for 1 bitcoin on the third halving was $8,821.42. For last 4 years Bitcoin return of investment on third Bitcoin halving is 1256.04%. Bitcoin inflation decrease more than 50% from 4.39% to 1.88% inflation rate! Bitcoin return of investment continues to decline compared to previous bitcoin halving dates.
- Bitcoin supply: 17,488,800 BTC
- % of Mined coins: 83.28%
- Bitcoin block reward: 6.25 BTC
- Bitcoin Daily emission: 900 BTC
- % Annual Bitcoin Inflation Rate: 1.88%
- Bitcoin price: $8,821.42
- Bitcoin ROI: 1256.04%
Bitcoin ROI based on Previous Bitcoin Halving Dates
If we took BTC price on previous Bitcoin halving dates and calculate next bitcoin return of investment we find that the price of bitcoin on the fourth halving should be $35,700.
|# Bitcoin Halving||Bitcoin Price||ROI||% decreasing ROI||Ratio decreasing ROI||constant number|
|First Bitcoin exchange||$0.05|
|1. Bitcoin Price on first halving||$12.22||24340.00%||100%|
|2. Bitcoin Price on second halving||647.78||5200.98%||-368%||4.68|
|3. Bitcoin Price on third halving||$8,571.98||1223.29%||-325%||4.25||1.13|
|4. Bitcoin halving price (approximately) based previous Bitcoin halving dates||$35,700||316.47%||-287%||3.87||1.13|
Learn more about Bitcoin halving, inflation and ROI in our popular article Bitcoin Inflation Rate and Bitcoin Halving
In the next article we will give information about all bitcoin halving dates, but for now you know a lot about previous bitcoin halving dates.
I am a crypto journalist and blockchain expert. I like technology and started reading about bitcoin in 2013. Crypto is my passion and I like to write about cryptocurrencies.
When I wrote the article “Previous Bitcoin Halving Dates” I analyzed statistics from various reliable sources. Always verified information from the Genesis code.